Since we founded Nextworks in 2002, we never stopped to make the impossible easier, turning unique desires into unique projects.
Just so we could become what we proudly are today: a partner of reference within the European Projects on the most innovative technology areas, such as 5G and 6G networks, IoT and Industrial IoT, cloud, edge computing and Artificial Intelligence.
Due to our steady growth, now we are looking for a tech enthusiast talent as R&D Software Engineer to join our innovative team in Pisa.
What you will do:
The selected candidate will be involved in cutting-edge R&D activities in the areas mentioned above. The main tasks will include:
- Participation in internal product-oriented projects and collaborative R&D international projects with the following activities:
Participation in technical meetings for R&D international projects, with travels in EU countries
- software development
- software integration, testing and validation
- contributions in requirements definition and analysis, system and software architecture design
Who you are:
- You have a Master Degree in a related technology area, such as computer science, information technology engineering (computing engineering, telecommunication engineering, electronic engineering), automation engineering, biomedical engineering. Masters in hard sciences subjects like mathematics and physics may be considered.
- You gained at least 6 months of experience in development with one of the following languages: Java, Python, Go, C++
- You developed capabilities in writing technical documentation both in Italian and English language, about architecture, software design, technical reports for testing, integration and validation activities.
- You know about networking foundations.
- You are available to travel in EU countries when needed.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and practical experience with platforms for management of Virtual Machines and containers (e.g., OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge (at least basic level) of DevOps solutions for testing automation and CI/CD, preferably with practical experience
- Practical experience (at least basic level) with relational and non-relational database management
- Knowledge (at least basic level) of protocols, techniques and solutions for messaging and data exchange, preferably with practical experience with open-source solutions (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Previous experience, knowledge or interest in one of the following areas: SDN/NFV, edge and cloud computing, AI/ML techniques, network security, IoT platforms
What you will find:
- A strong focus on technological excellence, research and development, and innovation
- A context with great opportunities for learning and professional growth
- An international environment, with a company brand recognized at national and European level
- A climate strongly meritocratic and attentive to integrity, both professional and human
- An organized company, but very flexible and informal
- A series of highly inclusive decision-making processes, based on cooperation and team
- Constant attention to the needs of employees, including pay, welfare, health
- An attractive compensation package which includes a competitive salary, vaucher meal, regular bonuses and supplementary retirement fund on charge of the company.
Please, enquire for further information about this job opportunity, send an email directly to our HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building strong skills on Linux, networking and security
- Work on complex software applied to IoT, Industry 4.0 and smart automation