24 April 2017, Venice (IT)
Nextworks has animated the 2017 edition of the International Symposium on Advances in Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization (SOFTNETWORKING 2017).
The IARIA symposium has been dedicated to discuss among experts the latest advances and challenges in SDN&NFV technologies. Nextworks has brought their vision and results from research on SDN/NFV solutions applied to optical datacenters and 5G networks, and presented two papers on:
- Combined NFV and SDN applications for mitigation of cyber-attacks conducted by botnets in 5G mobile networks, originated within the SELFNET project
- Application-aware SDN controller for hybrid optical-electrical DC networks, originated within the NEPHELE project
Gino Carrozzo, deputy head of R&D, has also given a keynote on "NFV & SDN Innovations for 5G and Telco Business" further stimulating a lively discussion with the expert audience.
For more information,
- H2020 NEPHELE: http://www.nextworks.it/en/research/projects/nephele
- H2020 SELFNET: http://www.nextworks.it/en/research/projects/selfnet
- Symposium site: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2017/SOFTNETWORKING.html